top of page

Calculating Damages

If you are injured as a result of the violations of the FCRA, you can collect damages. For pure violations of the FCRA, you can collect a minimum of $1,000 per violation. 

If you suffered actual damages, such as credit damage, denial of credit, paying higher interest rates, emotional pain and humiliation, you can ask for damages in a court of law, provided you can provide proof of the same. As the Plaintiff in a legal action, you have the burden of proving your damages.

Courts also award attorneys and costs of suit if a case is successfully prosecuted.

Punitive damages may also be assessed in exceptional circumstances of willful misconduct.

bottom of page